Sunday, August 18, 2024

 


Wednesday 6/19/2024

Once again have been lazy about getting a post written! Guess that means we’ve been staying busy!

Since I have one of my sewing machines set up in the dining room I have been getting more done.  Easier to get 20 to 30 minutes in if I don’t have to go upstairs!  I have been working more on the Twirling at the Disco scrap quilt I mentioned in the last post. Each block takes 40 – 2 inch squares.  So far I have 12 blocks made. Yes I need to move things that are on the floor so I can get the step ladder out if the way! But I would rather sew!!

These blocks are about 12 1/2 inches unfinished.  Need to decide how big I wish to make the quilt It is a work in progress. Once I get the next 4 finished I may put it away for a little while.

One of the fabric scraps has a special history.  It is from 1995.  That was the year of my parents 50th wedding anniversary. We were living in Taiwan. With the help of several friends we planned a surprise party.  Nothing like doing things long distance. Their anniversary was December 9th.  While home for about a month that summer I bought fabric at my friend’s shop for a wallganging that people could sign at the party. This is one of the fabrics.

The fabric was well traveled.   Took it back to Taiwan.  Put the top together.  They had been to see us several times and had made some friends on those visits.  Got some blocks signed there. Brought the top back for the party.  Had it on a table for the guests to sign.  Took it back to Taiwan so I could quilt it then gave it to them the following Spring when I was home again.  So 5 trips across the Pacific!

At the table for signing

I finished my Log Cabin quilt top. It is queen size.

This is the backing I have for it. It’s wide backing – 108 inches so no need to piece the back.

My friend was finally able to use her long arm so she was able to get a quilt I had given her to quilt for me . Another queen size. She brought it to me this past Sunday evening.  I finished binding it last night and it is gifted!

The pattern for the above is County Line by Mountainpeak.   This is the 3rd quilt I have made using this pattern. Previously I made a king size for our bed and a lap size for a friend’s son.

I need to make some doggy bandanas for our friend Lisa.  She had been our girls groomer until her son took over the shop.  She is in CA now and has opened up LA Mia Bella West.  Told her I will send her some bandanas.   Helps us both- I have way to much fabric and she doesn’t need the extra expense.  Figure it’s a win win situation.

Now I need to go sew for a little while. Work on my scrappy Disco blocks then I can cut and start some bandanas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Last Week Happenings Started out the week getting our trees trimmed. Had a couple of dead branches that needed to come down plus getting s...