Sunday, August 18, 2024

 


A Little Bit of Everything!

Yes, summer has arrived. While we haven’t seen triple digits yet it’s hot!  Of course the bright sun doesn’t help plus we have gotten some needed rain- humidity!!  We need to get the shade cloth over several of our tomato plants-  the ones in the full sun.  Supposedly that will help so they keep producing in the heat.  We’ll see.  We have been enjoying the ones we have picked. I picked 2 Itchebon (Japanese Eggplant) and 2 Cubanelle Peppers over the weekend.

My friend Kerry gave us some banana peppers from their garden.  I sliced some of those for Mississippi pot roast.  Tonight’s dinner. While talking about food we had asparagus and shrimp stir fry one night.  Really good.  We’re eating more stir fry meals- easy to make and not heavy.

Now that my machine is set up in the dining room I have been sewing more. My Twirling at the Disco blocks are done.  16 blocks.

Will press, square up then sew together. Then will think of a border

I also started another top- pattern is Plot Twist. I used 32- 10 inch squares plus 5 inch squares of background.  All from my way to much fabric stash. This is a sample of the blocks.  All 32 blocks are made.  Need to lay them out and sew together.

While doing some sorting upstairs I came across a project bag.  Everything was cut and labeled.  Christmas tablerunner and placemats.  Have the 3 blocks sewn for the tablerunner.  I figure this is probably from 2015. Had put together several bags like this to work on during one of the remodels.  My Dad also was diagnosed- cancer.  Between remodel and my Dad a lot was put on the back burner. But now the bag has been opened and is by my machine.

This morning I met up with Osie who does a lot of quilting for me.   She gave me back my Follow the Leader quilt all quilted.  I gave her my Log Cabin to quilt.

This week I will get it trimmed and binding sewn on.  Am using a scrappy binding to go along with all the scrappy blocks!

It’s been nice to use some of the fabrics I have on hand.  The only thing I have had to buy was several pieces of wide backing.  I don’t mind piecing backings for smaller quilts but when they get to queen size I like the wide fabric.

Not getting anything done while  writing.   Need to get busy.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Last Week Happenings Started out the week getting our trees trimmed. Had a couple of dead branches that needed to come down plus getting s...