Sunday, August 18, 2024

 


Computers!

My laptop has been giving me problems for the past month or so. Last Thursday was the last straw.  It would turn on but not go any further. Galen took it to a local repair place.  It now has a new drive, windows 11 installed and he was able to transfer all my files etc. Definitely less money than having to get a new computer.  It  starts a lot faster.

I worked more on my Log Cabin quilt.  The last of the borders will get sewn on this week. Took this photo when I was auditioning border fabrics.  It has 3 borders.

I also started another scrap quilt.   For this one I dug out my container of 2 inch square blocks. A block is made up of a 16 patch (2) and 4 patch (2) plus background.  I was sewing squares together as leader and enders while working on the log cabin. 

Not sure how long our small garden will be producing.  Things slow down when it gets hot.  Still getting a few tomatoes. Have several small Japanese Eggplants about ready to pick.  The peppers are doing well. Have picked a few Cajun belle peppers too.

Galen met a friend Saturday morning to look for Dragonflies.  He took quite a few pictures. And a few trips to our LCRA lake has yielded more pictures.  With the weather this year it’s hard to say how many trips he and friends will get in.  Very dry in the west and very wet East of us.

Have been trying a few recipes from The World in a Skillet cook book from Milk Street.  Tonight we had Spicy Korean Shrimp.  It’s a keeper! And as the title says- it all gets cooked in one skillet.  Not many pans to wash.  That’s a plus!!!

Our forecast for the next month or so mid to high 90’s and not much rain. It’s summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Last Week Happenings Started out the week getting our trees trimmed. Had a couple of dead branches that needed to come down plus getting s...