Sunday, August 18, 2024

 


Lady Update and Some Sewing

Lady did well last week.  We kept the donut on her early in the week then went to an old turtleneck that we keep for whenever. She was much happier with it. We took that off on Friday. She goes in for a follow up today.

We got the lab results back on Saturday.  The spots on her belly they removed came back as benign and edges clear.  Will have to keep a watch for any new spots.

We went to my storage unit and brought back quite a few bins.  Spent a day going through them.  Did empty out some and also consolidated some.  A lot of quilt kits that I will never make are going out the door.  Linus will make use of them.

I also managed some time sewing. I put my Twirling at the Disco together.  Added a 3 inch border.

Twirling at the Disco scrappy top

I put together the Plot Twist blocks as well.  Had planned on getting it ready to give to Osie for quilting this week.  The instructions have me cutting off large segments to even the sides.  I need to think about this for awhile. 

As I was going through things I found another kit from at least 10 years ago, maybe more.  It was from the Quilthaus.  Bought it at the New Braunfels quilt show.  I had some of the pieces cut and then stopped. The top is now finished. Osie will get this one and the Twirling one to quilt.  Eventually they will go to Linus.

It was also time to get back to the Christmas placemats that go with the table runner.  Finished the 6 strip sets needed.  I didn’t feel like heading upstairs to press and cut last evening but wanted to sew a little more.  Had pieces for a  log cabin table runner close by.  Got started on those.

Hoping this week brings a little rain. Surprise afternoon showers would be nice! I know wishful thinking!  There will be more sewing and sorting. Galen will hopefully get out a little.  Had a day trip planned late last week to Gonzales.  Weather was iffy.  Dragonflies aren’t to plentiful when it’s raining.  Mostly he has been going down to our LCRA dam close by.  That works, it’s close, so easy to do especially when our humidity has been high.

That pretty much wraps it up for us.  Hope everyone has a pleasant week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Last Week Happenings Started out the week getting our trees trimmed. Had a couple of dead branches that needed to come down plus getting s...