Friday, August 30, 2024

 


A Productive Week!

I was able to spend a lot of time bonding with my sewing machine.  I managed to finish all the blocks for the 5 at the Hive quilt top.  As many times that I looked at the blocks I never saw a mistake, even after taking a picture! A friend said she and I were looking at the colors! I can go with that!!!

It was fun adding all the extra blocks to the 12 monthly blocks.  The top is put together in sections.  I added a 2 inch solid black and then a 4 1/2 inch stripe for the final border.  I found a colorful black splatter backing in my stash. Nice that everything in this quilt I had here, even the batting.

Backing fabric

As I was sorting contents of more bins I came across one that had 42 blocks made for Carnival.  The pattern is by John Flynn.  I figure I must have bought 2 laser cut kits from him in maybe 2002 or 2003.  Got the blocks made then needed my design wall as I was participating in on line block swaps as well as machine quilting some quilts for an online group.  We were sending quilts to an orphanage just across the border from Donna  Texas. Galen and I made a delivery to a church in Donna. Long story short, block layout was done, blocks marked and they were put away.  20 years later they are sewn into a top!  It also solved the mystery- what happened to my block markers!

I still am sorting.  We brought the last of the bins back from storage on Friday.  I spent a good part of today going through them since Galen was away for the day. Quite a bit is earmarked for Linus.  Some kits I still want to make.  Then there is a ” maybe ” pile. Will go through that one again at a later date.

I decided on the fabric I want to use for the setting triangles for Plot Twist. Now to figure out the size squares I need to cut. The picture doesn’t show the true colors but it looks great with the blocks

It has been nice getting some things made.  Hope to keep up this momentum. If we keep having high 90’s and low 100’s during the day I will be inside and hopefully getting more done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Last Week Happenings Started out the week getting our trees trimmed. Had a couple of dead branches that needed to come down plus getting s...