Sunday, August 18, 2024

 A BUSY WEEK


April 8 was the eclipse.  We really didn’t think we would see much of it.  The clouds however, moved enough we did get to enjoy it. Pictures 3 and 4 are through the Apollo Sunpoly panels installed last year over the deck. #3 once again my cell phone. The arc went from one end to the other. At the same time Galen was taking a picture with long lens. Interesting see all the colors.

They were forecasting  bad storms starting in the  afternoon. For once they were right. We had an inch over the next day and a half.  Other areas more.   But we are happy our inch.

My amaryllis bulb from last year is really pretty this year. And it has another bud coming.

I did get the backing ready for the quilt I showed in my last post. Will meet up with Osie tomorrow, I’ll give her my new one to quilt and she’ll give me 2 small ones she finished quilting for me last week. Have a finished one for her to give to Linus. This should be cute on the back of the quilt.

I was looking at some pictures last week and found ones of the lap quilts I made for my parents in 2002. They were both from Pat Speth Nickle Quilts. I think this may have been her first book. The first one is called Flying Home from Bali Bali and the second is Millennium Star. I enjoy Pat’s quilt patterns. Have another in the works called Follow the Leader. No pictures right now. But I am using fabrics from here-none bought recently; probably fabrics from several years ago. It makes a 64 by 96.

I am pretty much done sorting and rearranging the kitchen cabinets for now. Things used in Asian recipes are grouped together, every day in another location. Hard to say how long it will stay organized, but for the time being it is.

That pretty much sums up last week. Hoping to get more sewing time is this week between other things needing to be done. I can hope anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Last Week Happenings Started out the week getting our trees trimmed. Had a couple of dead branches that needed to come down plus getting s...