Sunday, August 18, 2024

 

A HOT WEEK AHEAD!

It’s not always good to look at the extended forecast but we really can’t complain toooo much!  Starting Wednesday we have 100’s in our forecast for 7 or 8 days.  That means I should get in some sewing! If I do need to go out for anything it will be first thing in the morning.

We moved 3 tomato plants (in containers) out of the sun.  We did have shade cloth over them but it kept blowing off the plants and they were getting the hot morning sun, plus being against the white brick.  Probably wasn’t a good idea to put them there. They should do better in their new location. Galen is putting up several tall cages around a couple more Mexican Sunflower plants.   Several of the plants have to be 7 feet tall!  Not much of a root system so a good strong wind out of the SE will uproot them. The hummingbirds and butterflies feed on the flowers.

Galen was away for 3 days last week.  They went to the Rio Grande Valley in search of dragonflies and Beetles mostly but he also took some butterfly and bird pictures.   At South Padre he took a great alligator picture and also of a tortoise.  At the birding center and the convention center next door there are walkways that take you out towards the Laguana Madre.

I didn’t get near done what I had hoped too.  Wasn’t feeling 100%.  Have learned when that happens don’t push too much.  I will either make wrong cuts of  fabric for a block or sew it together wrong.  Then I spend too much time with jack the ripper!!!  I did spend time going through things.  There’s another box ready to give to Linus.

I was able to sew more blocks for my 2009 Five at the Hive quilt.  Also borders on my Christmas placemats. My placemats are upstairs so no pictures. They will show up in another post

I  pulled out another UFO to start on again. It is from a 2011 issue of Quilters World.  The center is done but I never made the pumpkin border.  Think given the time of the year I should finish it!

I am pondering what I want to make next.  I have found several options.    I think if I have been working on 2 very old items I can start something new.  But it needs to be one that will get finished and not go into the UFO stack!  Of course I also want to get the setting triangles made for my Plot Twist.  Must  go through my fabrics and see if I have something that will work.  I should be able to find something here!

Lady has been dealing with a yeast infection in her ears.  It’s getting better.  We finished the drops this morning.  She now gets a benedryl once a day.  She has a follow up appointment next week.  The vet was pretty sure it should be cleared up by then but wants to make sure.. 

Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Last Week Happenings Started out the week getting our trees trimmed. Had a couple of dead branches that needed to come down plus getting s...