Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Carrots, that's what's cooking!

Judy at Patchworktimes started a "What's Cooking" on Wednesday where she gives us an ingredient and we use it in something the following week. This past week was carrots. I was going to make my trusty dish with carrots and honey etc, but was browsing through my cookbook and found another one to try. I did my usual adapting to what I had handy.

Carrots and Raisins
2 Tblsps. butter or margerine;
1 1/2 lbs. carrots, cleaned and cut in diagonal 1/4 inch slices;
1/3 cup water or dry white wine;
1/2 tsp. nutmeg;
2/3 cup white raisins;
3 tsps. light brown sugar.

Directions:
 Melt butter in medium skillet. Add carrots, water (wine) and nutmeg.
Cover. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
Stir in raisins and sugar; cook 5 minutes or until raisins are plump and carrots are glazed.
4-6 servings.

I had crasins here so used those instead of raisins, also used the wine. The guys went back for seconds so it must have been good!

Check out others on Judy's site at patchworktimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...