Sunday, April 23, 2017

Design Wall Monday April 24, 2017

Last week did not go as planned but I did manage some sewing. I found this pattern and they had used Kaffe FQS for it. So did I; 6 darks and 6 lights.


         The fun part was laying out. Love the off center design. Kept the picture                                handy when I was sewing the top together. I managed to get this far  early in the week                                                                                    


                             Tuesday morning we made the mistake of going out for breakfast. This happened on the way home. I was crossing the highwy with the light. The other driver ran the red. I saw her coming and got mine turned just enough that she caught the front of my door and the fender. Of course it helped that i was driving a Tahoe.Mine needs a new door and fender. They first thought they could repair the door but the hinges bent from the impact.
.
                                           


Her car did not make out as well but fortunately since I got mine turned at an angle she did not hit head on. Could have been much worse. She had her 2 year old in the child seat in the rear and also she was very pregnant. 



Her car was driveable but they would not let her drive as the air bags had not gone off. The police said that since they didn't they could go off at any time. 

                                     Her insurance got us a rental so I still have  vehicle to drive.

                  Today I got back to sewing finally and got the top put together!


Today was a cool but sunny day. While I was getting the top together Galen was working on the back porch.


It is shaping up. Late May the yard gets a make over!
Hopefully that will be all for this year. The driveway can wait until 2018!



6 comments:

  1. Glad you're OK. I'm not a big Kaffe fan, but I like your fabric choices as well as the off-center setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been either but the more I work with them the more I like the. Have a few more ideas for them.

      Delete
    2. I haven't been either but the more I work with them the more I like the. Have a few more ideas for them.

      Delete
    3. I haven't been either but the more I work with them the more I like the. Have a few more ideas for them.

      Delete
  2. I like the way the lights blend to give a yellow tint and the blue/purple blend for a blue tint. There are advantages for driving a larger vehicle. Glad everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabrics run a nice array from lights to darker. Should be so pretty worked up. What happened to you is my nightmare...always fearful of what another driver will do, but thank goodness, you are all well!

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...