Monday, May 1, 2017

Design Wall Monday - May 1, 2017

Not much to report this week. I made 2 more blocks for the Canada lotto on QWC. So now I have 2 sets completed. Hope to get another one done but that depends on the usual-time and other commitments!
 I was  putting more fabric away and kept finding cute prints for the bow tie blocks for the Quilted with Love group. Started to lay them a side, then thought maybe I should go a head and cut the pieces. Of course, now they are cut they might get lost, guess I will go a head and sew the blocks. 52 on the wall right now! They are fun to make!

Galen was away all weekend on a birding get together near Anahuac, TX. Not the greatest of weekends weather wise but they did see birds and other wildlife. It was very windy and the elevation may be 5 ft above sea level. Strong winds coming in off the gulf closed a few roads to them-covered with water. But they had a good time. He leaves tomorrow for PA for the annual Let's spray the weeds on the farm up there. It is in a PA conservation program. 

Yes, I plan on sewing while he is away. I am so far behind on some of the BOM I have been saving that I need to get busy! Plus I still need to put for stuff away and reorganize.

Most of all I should get my car back tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. The bowties are great. I made a little quilt about a year ago. I had a hard time not making 100s of bowties because they go together so fast. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - Since Judy Laquidara is no longer doing "Design Wall Mondays", I talked to her and got permission to continue Design Wall Mondays at my blog: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

    I hope to see your posts on future Mondays, Judy Hansen

    ReplyDelete