Friday, February 22, 2013

On the needles- February 22, 2013



I decided to start knitting again.  After all I used to really enjoy it!  However after this past week I have a hard time believing I used to knit sweaters with intricate designs, made items using double pointed needles and cable needles-you get the idea!
I am happy I didn't start right away with the pattern I had first planned to use.  This one is giving me enough trouble. You will notice-no needles.  this is now the 3rd time I have ripped it out.  I am using madelinetosh DK- Stephen loves tosh color. I am hoping the 4th time will be the charm!
I have the weekend to myself as my husband as taken my Dad to the Iwo Jima Reunion in Metarie (near New Orleans).  This may be the last one, there are fewer each year.  Dad found out about it after he moved to Texas 5 years ago.  This is the 4th one they have attended.  I had planned on doing a lot of sewing, but this shawl pattern is driving me nuts!
I did take a short break and go outside with the girls.  The cylamen is doing great
The Texas Laurel will be in full bloom in another week or two.  Our first year here I kept thinking these were lilacs when I saw them from the road,  they are a beautiful bluish purple and the blossoms hang down. We had to get some for the yard.

I hope that next Friday I can say I have this pattern conquered!

check out what others are knitting this week

2 comments:

  1. Oh Boy, I feel your pain! I love that the pattern book says Easy, I think they do that to trick us!
    The shawl is going to be gorgeous! I am so jealous of your outside flowers. Ours will be a while still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your shawl- I was just ripping out my shawl last night.

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...