Thursday, November 16, 2017

Mid-November catch-up




I have been keeping busy and actually getting a little sewing accomplished. The secret quilt I have been working on is at the border stage. That is great progress as the on-point blocks were giving me some trouble! But I think I can turn it over to my quilting friend early next week!

Several of us saved a quilt along pattern last year from https://justquiltin.wordpress.com/
It is  Barn Dance. One of my friends is off this week from school so we decided to start it.
                                            Join me for the BARN DANCE quilt a long.   Barn Dance is made up of various sized Hole In The Barn Door blocks.  I will be posting links at the bottom of this page with instructions. If you would l…

           If you don't follow justquiltin with Denise check out the link above this picture. She has lots of fun patterns

As you see it is 4 different size blocks. We decided to make the 6 inch first as that was the blocks needed then work our way up.  My 37 blocks.

Next the 12 inch blocks

Dug into my scraps of batiks but did have a good amount of the background fabric. So am using that

We have been watching a Monarch Chrysalis for a few days. 
Yestereday while checking out the solar light to see how things were progressing we discovered a Caterpillar on the other side


This morning it looks like this



                  We think the one on the right may be getting ready to become a butterfly. Will be keeping                       a close watch.  Love Mother Nature!

Back to Small quilts Doll quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...