Monday, September 11, 2017

DESIGN WALL MONDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2017

Between the 2 major hurricanes, Harvey and Irma and the 16th anniversary of 9/11 today it has been a sobering week. I know we all remember where we were 16 years ago today.

I did manage to get some sewing in this past week. Actually quite a bit. As I told you last Monday I made another Arkansas Crossroads quilt. Used Kona snow as the background and backing for this one. Sometimes it is nice to have fabric by the bolt!

I also showed you my next project-Candy Land a Villa Rosa design using a layer cake


I dropped these two off for my quilter this morning.

About Thursday after finishing up Candy Land I dug out a box that had 28 Courthouse Step blocks.
These were from a group I was a member of. And yes, they have aged-2005 was when they started sending them to me. We had all picked out a block that we wanted. I had picked out Courthouse Steps-scrappy and using black to tie them together. I needed to make 7 more so I could set them 5 x 7. Dug out my 1 1/2 inch strip box and went to work. Made the 7 and put them together. I still need to add borders but here it is so far.




It will be a nice size quilt when finished.

While digging through containers I also found one with blocks for BONNIE HUNTER'S STRING -X QUILT. Had made one a long time ago and guess I was planning on making another one! I am going to use this pale blue fossil fern as background.


                               These will also be going to QUILT OF COMPASSION


It is finally starting to feel a little like Fall in central Texas. Cool in the mornings and evenings and not too bad during the day. We have been spending more time outside listening and watching the birds. The Ruby Throat humming birds are migrating through here now. I think we have 5 feeders out in various places in the yard. Love watching them.

Dinner is in the crock pot so I can sew.

OVER TO SMALLQUILTS AND DOLL QUILTS   to see what others have been working on now!

1 comment:

  1. Your projects are all wonderful! I love your use of color. I have a LOT of those aging projects!

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...