Monday, October 9, 2017

Design Wall Monday-October 9, 2017

This past week has been one of finishing things! Shock! In all serious having a project and having a deadline really does help. I spent the week making bindings and binding quilts that I need to mail off to Quilts of Compassion in about 2 weeks. These 5 quilts are from a friend in MO. She had tops and wanted them to go to this group. She was mailing some others to me for a different group so she added them to the package. I got the backings and the batting and my friend quilted them. Spent last week working on the final step-binding. I enjoy the last step of binding by hand. Once the one side was sewn on I could sit outside and work on the hand stitching. More fun to listen to the birds and witch the hummingbirds come in to the feeders. Kept getting buzzed one day-yes had on a red shirt!


                                             
Will have to get another picture of this one later today. This I took while it was on my lap and I was working on it.


I have one more of my friends and some of mine now to bind as soon as they come back from Kerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...