Sunday, October 1, 2017

End of September 2017

Looking back over the month of September I did manage to get a lot of sewing accomplished. Don't ask about cleaning etc! That always needs to be done and done. Clean only last for a day or two!  Quilts, when completed I can move on to another quilt!
Early in the month I made another Arkansas Crossroads.



                                  Made the Candy Land quilt.


Completed the blocks for the String-X quilt. Top is together.



 Made 7 more blocks for the scrappy Courthouse step quilt top and got it together.  


Got 6 more blocks made for the long term swap I am in on another group. Those were mailed off this week. Forgot to take a picture of the whole group with the new ones

Also made the Shuffle Quilt. A free pattern from Sparrow Quilt Co when you sign up for their newsletters. Fun quilt using a layer cake.
It was raining the day day I took this picture. Tiki did think I had put it on the couch for her. Could be why she looks a little sheepish!

A friend also sent be some tops to be quilted and then sent to Quilts of Compassion. Put together the backing and batting for those and gave them to Kerry along with mine to quilt .

I have the binding made and ready for several of the quilts. Will get the rest cut and sewn so as I start getting the quilts back from Kerry I can get them bound. All but the Shuffle quilt will be heading to Quilts of Compassion for the trip to Texas.

4 comments:

  1. You're rolling them out. I recognized the Arkansas Crossroads. I'm making it with Signature squares Ive collected from 2008. Mine just needs one more border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making a quilt called Goodnight Irene. From what I can tell, it looks the same as Arkansas Crossroads. I'll have to study them a bit more. It's been a fun one. Your quilts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...