Sunday, September 15, 2013

Design Wall Monday-Sept.16, 2013

I have the next block cut but did not have time to get it put together.  What is looking like black in this photo is a very dark blue.  Took the picture at night. Will pick up the fabric for the next one when I get the next Top of the Month on Thursday. So should have 2 more blocks added for next weeks Design wall Monday. this and the stash report does help to keep me on my toes!


When I was sorting through things the other week found what was left from a jelly roll.  did a small version of the jelly roll race and added 2 borders.  It's about 45 x 52-right size for a little girl.

This has not been a common sight this summer here is Texas- an early evening thunderstorm.  The plants were saying thank you. Not quite a half inch but we will take it.  Hoping for some rain this week, the chance is in the forecast but we have learned to not pay too much attention to the forecast. It's more like we will believe when we see it!


back to Patchworktimes to see what others are showing this week!

5 comments:

  1. When I opened your blog I just sat and stared at your beautiful dogs. And, I like your blocks and quilt top, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Gari. Those dogs sitting in the blue bonnets... stunning. Quilts are great too. Those strip quilts sure are an easy way to get a quilt together fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our girls have a fan club. I take Dad to the Y, several of the staff comes out to the car to see them. We go to the quilt stores where they know the girls, they either come out and the other I have to take the girls in with me. It has been like that ever since we got the black one at 9 weeks old. Then we added her older sister to the group! We're going thru the lobby at a motel, takes forever to get to our room!

      Delete
  3. Love how the lighter blue just pops out. I've been seeing a lot of jelly roll quilts lately, thinking I might need to purchase a couple rolls, yours is so colorful and cute!

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...