Wednesday, April 10, 2013

what's cooking-week 15 Rice

The ingredient this week was rice.  Right before Easter, Just A Pinch.com posted a recipe for pie using rice.  I saved it thinking I would make it for Easter Dinner but we went out instead.  Finally made it tonight (4/9) and will make it again.

Don't look at the crust-sometimes I don't even have luck with the premade ones!  I had picked up fresh strawberries so I sliced those and served them with the pie.
The pie is made with cooked white rice, ricotta cheese, half and half etc.  Not lo-cal but absolutley delicious and besides I don't make desserts very often! Dad took some home with him so we don't have too much left!

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/pie/easter-rice-pie.html?p=12

What did others make?



No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...