Thursday, May 27, 2021

Last Week in May 2021!

I know I said I would write another post last week but we all know how plans are! I think I spent most of my time in the kitchen-cooking chicken for the girls and also cooking chicken for chicken pot pie. It was on the menu for Thursday! I like to make my own broth by cooking a whole chicken with onion, celery and some saffron. Mom always used saffron when making pot pie! I got that done on Tuesday. Meat off the bones, broth through a strainer and everything in the fridge for Thursday. The girls chicken breasts simmered with no seasonings, shredded, vacuumed sealed in small quantities in the freezer. We always add a little to their meals. The rest of the week was some yard work when it wasn't raining!

My friend dropped off my Faded Charms quilt that she quilted for me.. I talked about it in January. It's a free pattern on Wedding Dress Blue blog

you can read about it here

I made the binding for it and it is now bound. The quilting pattern is Gingerbread. I love the swirls on the squares.




Lady joined us on the deck to survey her domain
Most of our plants are recovering nicely from this past winter. We have added some new perennials and of course some annuals for color.  But all in all plants are resilient!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...