Monday, August 18, 2014

Design Wall Monday-August 18, 2014

I mailed 100 cart wheel blocks this past week to me friend who is collecting them and then making quilts for the Quilted with Love group. 
                             50 of block A and 50 of block B
Laid a few out to get an idea. 
This is really a quick block and great idea for using scraps. Easy quilt for kids quilt!
I am making more of those using them as leaders and enders on my next project!

While pulling out fabric to send to a friend I came across a kit that I bought a long time ago. Our first trip to Palo Duro Canyon and Amarillo had to be 2003 or 2004. Of course we stopped at a quilt shop in Amarillo-Sister's Scraps. I bought the Starry, Starry Night quilt kit.
 Definitely not the fabrics I would pick now! But as you see it is underway!
Just me and the girls at home for a few days so maybe I can get lots accomplished in between things that need to be done! Eventually it should look something like this!


5 comments:

  1. Looks like Cartwheel is a great way to use up scraps. How big are your finished blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks are 8.5 unfinished. The rectangles are 2.5 x 4.5. This is the link to the Moda Bakeshop pattern if you want to see it
      .http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/08/cartwheels-quilt.html?m=1

      Delete
  2. I love designs from simple blocks. This one is great! What a nice thing to do for your friend. I love the Starry Nights. Sometimes it's fun to step away from our fabric choices and work something new. It's going to be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I am working on this I keep thinking of how great it would look in batiks! Maybe later, have plenty of batiks in the stash!

      Delete
  3. Your cartwheel blocks are too cute! What a great idea for scrap busting.

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...