Monday, June 16, 2014

Design Wall-June 16, 2014

It has been a while since I have posted anything but I have started sewing again! Decided it was time to dig out some strip club projects that have been aging-about 6 years. I know the one is dated 2008! Am thinking the other one is from the same time frame. So in between slowly working on Texas Tumbleweed I have one top finished 
Not a great picture-a little washed out and of course the wind picked up!
This one-Cactus Wreath I am debating if I want to add a border. This is a pattern from Cozy Quilt and was another strip club my LQS did.

Back to Patchworktimes!

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful, love them both. I think the Catus Wreath is pretty amazing. I am getting away from borders myself. I think it will look fab either way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your projects. On the second one, I'm thinking it looks great without a border but then a great floral border would look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are gorgeous, but I especially like the Cactus Wreath quilt. Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Cactus Wreath! I agree with mycreativecorner3, sort of. I am loving the typical "frame-the-quilt" type borders less and less these days; they feel stale and flat. I feel like a quilt design that spans the entire surface of a quilt without borders looks fresh and contemporary. The borders that I do still love are medallion quilts with lots and LOTS of pieced borders that are like variations of the main theme, if that makes sense. I don't think your cactus quilt needs borders for aesthetic reasons, unless you really want it to be larger. It's really very striking just the way that it is.

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...