Monday, November 25, 2013

Design Wall-Monday November 25, 2013

I managed to get a little sewing in this past week.  Finished the Dublin top of the month for Cotton Cupboard.  I wasn't sure I was going to get it done by last Thursday but the push to keep going so I would get the free one in a few months spurred me on! I made 2 smaller ones instead of one big one. One is set 6 x 8 and the other 7 x 8, that used all the blocks.

 





Tilly wanted to get in the act!





Here is the fabric for the next one-not as many pieces this time so hopefully I'll get it finished earlier than so close to the deadline! It is KAYLA.  It uses a theme fabric and 6 fat quarters. It was getting grey and cold and windy on Thursday-poppies looked good!




Then there is Judy's quilt Along-Fit for a Hero.  Have no business doing it, but that has never stopped me before.  Will get it worked on somehow! This will take you to the link FIT FOR A HERO


 There is more contrast than is showing between the 2 blues.  Too cold and rainy to take pictures outside.  Besides there wasn't any sun! these are all Stonehenge Fabrics that I have collected.
It is going to be a very busy day-the guys are coming to look over the remodel project-electrician, plumber, cabinet maker, everyone will be here this morning.  I am having a hard time visualizing how they are planning on doing some of the things they say they can do, so it will be interesting.  Then this afternoon we should finally be getting U-Verse installed.  Don't really care that much about the TV part but would love the faster internet.  We were first scheduled to have it installed Oct. 15th, but they found problems with the lines, the distance from the main terminals etc.  So after weeks of  them out here working at various locations they say we are good. So here's hoping. The girls and I will take off this afternoon and run errands while that is being installed.

1 comment:

  1. The teal rails are a nice complement for the bright squares. Hmmm....I have a shoebox of 2" squares and another one of 2.5" squares....

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...