Tuesday, September 24, 2024

 


A Texas Fall

The calendar says it’s Fall and our Live Oaks agree.   But it is still summer temperatures, although not quite as bad.

Our Live Oaks started dropping acorns last week.  With the extension we had added to our deck roof this time last year it sounds almost like gun shots when the acorns hit it and then roll off onto the walk and yard. The shop vac is now out and getting used.  Easiest way to pick them up. They are hard on bare feet and the broken caps sometimes get in between Lady’s pads.  Tiki really had a problem with that. Galen has probably picked up 6 or 7 gallons with the vac.  These are not large acorns either.

On the sewing front I got quite a bit done on the Texas blocks. The pattern I am using is called Focal Illusions by Wombmate Creations.  I bought the pattern from Classi Creations in Pensacola,  FL. These blocks are from preprinted panels probably done in 2015.  Amazing what I have been finding as I clean out!

Another find was partial pieces cut for  pattern called Shenandoah.  I always think of the river when I hear that word.  This was a kit I bought quite awhile ago.  It is now ready to be donated to our local Linus group.

This week I hope to get my Texas blocks finished and one other donation quilt bound.

Made one of our favorite stir frys for dinner the other night.  Shrimp and Asparagus.   We enjoy that one- it’s quick and not a heavy meal.  The recipe is from Maggie Zhu.  I have made quite a few of hers.  You can find her on line.

I am linking up with Design wall Monday

https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2024/09/design-wall-monday-september-23-2024.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Design Wall Monday I took  last week off from posting so this is catch up time.  I realized I needed to concentrate on getting doggy banda...