Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Last Monday in August 2023!

 

Last Monday in August 2023!

Still hot, enough said! Spent last week filling boxes with fabric for Linus Connection. They will get the fabric into quilts faster than I can. We have Farmbox delivery just about every week. (Texas produce and meat). Linus likes this size of box, easier for lifting.

11 boxes, also 2 not in the photo!

While cleaning out big boxes I found this pattern. It’s my Wedding Dress. Funny to find it right now with our anniversary next week.

Love the price $3.00 in 1970. Mom made my dress. We found the satin at a warehouse and remenant store outside of Reading. Mom found most of my fabrics for gowns there. College recital gowns etc. All told, my Wedding Gown cost all of $100.00. I didn’t find the pattern for the wedding party dresses that I made. We kept everything simple including their dresses. Princess line dress that could be shortened afterwards. Fun to reminisce a little.

I wasn’t able to get back to the Two Rivers quilt last week. Howver I did sew some non-thinking blocks for the String and Strip quilt that I started earlier this month. This is 13 more blocks, not all trimmed to size yet. Should get the rest finished quickly then will get back to Two Rivers!

Hope to get more sewing done this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...