Thursday, January 19, 2017

This and That-January 19, 2017

I have not been doing a very good job of keeping up with my blog posts. Still sorting and putting things away in the upstairs, as in sewing area! Appointments for the girls, eye exams for us and other January chores! But it hasn't been all work, we have taken off for a day or two and I have managed a little sewing.

Pat Sloan issued a summer solstice challenge on her blog. One block a week. It started with the Winter Solstice and continues until the Summer Solstice. 26 weeks and 26 blocks! So are I am caught up, 5 weeks-5 blocks! I dug out a fat quarter pack some one had given me a few years ago of Riley Blake fabrics. Bright and cheery. Here's my first five
One of the Yahoo quilting groups I belong to QTMystery  did a New Year's Eve mystery. I did not get to work on it then but have since and ended up making 2 tops. This was from a layer cake I had in my stash. A layer cake is 42 10 inch squares. Since I cut all 42 instead of 40 like the directions said I made a 3 x 4 layout for a small child size and a 5 x 6 for adults,




It is a fun pattern and am thinking of making another one in Red White and Blue

We are taking off for the Texas coast for the rest of January. Have the binding on one quilt to take along and do the hand sewing part. Not sure what else yet. Actually thinking of taking my scraps along and using the down time in the evenings to get them cut into the sizes I use most. Time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar pattern in one of my books that has a 9-patch where the large square is. Yours would make a great R/W/B quilt. Have fun on the coast. I look forward to seeing more bird photos.

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...