Monday, November 14, 2016

Design Wall Monday-November 14, 2016

I know I have not been writing any blog entries since late August. I did write one this past Saturday on a quilt show we attended.  The remodel has been done for a while and we have been enjoying it. But I am still putting things away, seems the boxed multiplied while in storage. That is Galen's theory anyway!!! Still many more boxes but decided I needed to have some sewing therapy.

I signed up for a class at Honey Bee. 2 sessions making Desert Sky pattern by Judy Niemeyer. That got me sewing again. have quite a few of her patterns that have been on my someday list!  Since I have made this one I am more confident about tackling the others!  So here is my completed top ready to be quilted!
 Since I was on a roll I dug out the blocks I had made over the summer using Bonnie Hunter's pattern Pineapple Blossom. It was nice having my design wall back from storage.I could at least lay out the blocks. Am not going to border this one. Did not even make a dent in the stash of 2 inch strips.  May be a few more of these made in the future!

One of my other projects this summer was making the blocks for a Chevron Quilt out of Kaffe fabrics. It was a kit I had picked up during the shop hop. The blocks are laid out, now to get them sewn together.

Once this one is together I need to get back to unpacking, sorting, tossing and finding a home for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...