Monday, June 8, 2015

Design Wall Monday-June 8, 2015

Still in the motel and will be until Friday, ( maybe Thursday of the stain is dry). The painter we had has been fired and the one who did such a good job last year started last Friday. All the enamel work has been sanded down to smooth it out, primed and sanded again. He has to get this finished so the tile guys can get back in and get back to work. They got some up last Thursday. If it weren't for that we would have the painter get the staining done on the steps to the upstairs. That is what is keeping us out of the house as we were living in the upstairs until this job is done. Oh well, enough of the remodel, on to sewing!

One thing about all this, I am sewing in the room. I did manage to complete 2 months of Trifecta Blocks- 7 & 8. The pictures could be better, had to lay the out on the bed. Remember this BOM uses 3 fat quarters and you make 6- 9.5 inch blocks each month.
Trifecta #7

Trifecta #8

Also finished the quilt I showed a picture of last week. But it is at the house and so is my camera!

I think if Dad is doing okay this morning Galen and I may take off for a little while-head to the Hill Country for a few hour get a way. But first will stop by and check on the house, At least we don't have to be there the whole time while the workmen are there. We did get to see our baby wrens learning to fly this past Friday. 

4 comments:

  1. Remodeling.... a test of patience and fortitude! Your blocks are fun! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are making the best of it. At least you have a professional now.
    I love your blocks. I stopped doing swaps and block challenges because of timing and them going into UFOs, but sometimes y'all make me want to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such interesting blocks, I love how the colours work together.

    I don't envy you having some remodelling done!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the name of the strip club pattern in a previous post? I love the green in your Trifecta blocks.

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...