Monday, October 20, 2014

Design Wall Monday-October 20, 2014

Not on the wall but something I can show!  I managed to get the top of the month finished on time,I have a mistake in #2 BOM (bottom left block) of Trifecta so I will be doing a little frogging and then putting it back together again
                                                               HIDE AND SEEK
                                                   BLOCKS FOR #2 TRIFECTA
                                                             BLOCKS #1 & #2
It felt good to be able to get some sewing in this past week. I have 2 quilts not that I can work on sewing the binding in the evenings. Been awhile since I have had any hand sewing.

the rest is about other doing this past weekend so if you want to skip Back to Patchworktimes!

It was a busy weekend. We stopped at the Pumpkin Patch with the girls on Saturday.  Needed some small pumpkins to make pie filling for the freezer.
 On Sunday we had a surprise Birthday party for my Dad. There were about 20 of us and we did pull it off as a surprise.  Quite a few of his friends from the Y came as well as some from church and some of our friends who he has gotten to know since moving down here 7 years ago.

 Made good use of the new island. It made it so much easier than our old set up for serving food. I did get some things made but this was one time I was quite happy to have some things made at the deli in the grocery store.  This was a last minute deal since we weren't sure how Dad's health would be.
                           Dad is the one on the left, his friend is the one with the can of coke.
One very tired puppy. The girls love to have company but they miss being on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...