Sunday, December 2, 2012

Maybe I have my Mother's green thumb after all.  We always had a Christmas Cactus at home, and it would bloom this time of the year.  I was never able to get the right conditions after we moved to TX in '99.  I bought this last year and was hoping I could keep it going.  It was in the house for about a month last winter, but once the weather turned mild it went outside on the back porch.  It gets filtered sun, not the real hot direct Texas sun and we had enough rain over the summer that the birds didn't eat all the leaves for water.  Or maybe having 2 big bird baths and a fountain where they can drink also helped. I was always checking to see if it needed to go back into the house. This is our porch Christmas decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...