Saturday, September 1, 2018

What happened to August?

Not sure what happened to the month of August. It flew by! Dad always said the older we get the time seems to go by faster. He was sure right there!

                                       We made progress and got the quilts hung.
                                                              My perfect Union
                 Hand pieced by me and machine quilted by Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville)


Looking down from the second floor landing


Have this one on the railing.



The insert finally came for my machine and the Koala cabinet


Sewing the binding on my Kaffe scrap quilt (Blue Bricks pattern)


And now a finished quilt


This is the wide backing. Not a Kaffe but it was perfect for the quilt.Had it quilted by my friend Kerry at Tincanquilting.com.  As always she did a wonderful job.


And this is the completed quilt from the last of the straight furrow 9 patch blocks. Kerry did another great job on this one as well 

I actually have 6 months of blocks done for the Kaffe BOM quilt. This only shows 5. The other one is another grouping of 20 checkerboards. 70 blocks made so far for the mystery quilt! I must be enjoying it. I am usually not up to date!


Other happenings this past month. Had our trees trimmed and thinned out. The grass does want some sun.And we refuse to put more rock in the front yard and mulch beds in the back. Need some grass especially in the back for the girls Tilly and Tiki!

Since I am keeping track on my monthly block total for the 350 block challenge I can report 70 blocks for August. 430 blocks through July.With my 70 this month  -500! As soon as out temperatures get a little lower and we start taking off more for bird and butterfly migrations I may not get as much accomplished.

Will be interesting to see what September has in store. I do know one thing-we celebrate our 48th Wedding Anniversary on September 5th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...