Friday, February 1, 2019

What happened to January?

Here is February 1, 2019! Not sure how that happened! A lot of January was spent dealing with Tilly who had pneumonia. Never knew they could get it, but have discovered it is fairly common in dogs.Weekly visits to the vet for x-rays and lots of pills. Fortunately she is not as bad as Tiki when it comes to pills, but she wasn't happy about them either! About the beginning of the 3rd week she wasn't coughing near as much and was slowly returning to being Tilly!

By that point in time I felt like I could go upstairs and get back to sewing. I didn't before as I would have had to block off the steps to keep her downstairs. She likes to be with me and I didn't want her to overexert herself.

I had these blocks made in December but had not put them into a top. Got that done and it is back from my quilter Kerry.




I found a fat quarter pack of batiks and decided to use the pattern that came with it. The pattern has you make 18 blocks so there are 2 left over. However I am going to dig through my batiks and make 2 more so the quilt top will not be square.


Made 3 of these table runners to use for Chinese New Year. Fun fabrics! they are now all finished!


I did 2 with free motion quilting and one stitch in the ditch. 


Last on the sewing front I managed 4 of the last 5 blocks for the Kaffe Block of the month. The 5th is a little different.


So my block count for the month is 37. Better than I thought since I didn't get sewing until the middles of the January!


No comments:

Post a Comment

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...