Monday, August 6, 2018

Design Wall Monday August 6, 2018

Nothing is on my wall at the moment! Yes, need to remedy that!

I did manage to get several quilts bound and 2 tops completed!

This is Arcadia.

This is the back. The back is actually green but the sun was bright when we took the pictures! This was machine quilted by Kerry from TinCanQuilting.com


                          This one is called Hashbrowns. It was a strip club from Honey Bee

                                                         And another great quilting job b Kerry


I had one left over block. Put it on the back. Can write a note on the light fabric.




This one is the last of the nine patch straight furrow made from blocks from members of the Yahoo group Quilted With Love. Tiki was not going to be left out of the picture!


         
I am participating on the Kaffe Mystery.  Late last week they gave this out this pattern to the participants. The pattern is Blue Bricks. As you see mine is anything but Blue!  It was fun to make and used up some of my scraps from other Kaffe Quilts.



I finally convinced Galen to hang a couple quilts at the front entry. We have too many windows in the house so space it very limited as to where we can display quilts.

    He did get one up yesterday afternoon. This one the Pattern is called Water Lily and I made it using Kaffe fabrics.

Today he will get the other one up. Totally different style. This one I pieced by hand. It is called Perfect Union.I took a 6 week class the summer after we moved here. This quilt had been hanging on the only wall in the living room however we brought a cabinet down from the second floor. Needed a smaller quilt for there now. 
This is my pride and joy and I want to see it!

That is about all for here. It has been hot and dry in our part of Texas.





2 comments:

  1. You have some great quilts here! I really like the Nine Patch quilt....such a fun layout. I’d want your beautiful quilt shown too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how the colors in the hanging quilt go with the color of the room below it.

    Oh heck ya, you want to display that hand worked quilt!!!!

    Kaffe...oh Kaffe...love those colors!

    ReplyDelete