Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April 2018 Wrap up!

A lot has been going on in April. Galen went on his bio-blitz trip with the people from I Naturalist (I Nat). He got several additions to his firsts lists or lifers. He got back on the 9th and we took off on the 15th to go back to Junction, TX, Stayed in Kerrville for that trip!

I decided that instead of taking my machine I would take 4 quilts that needed the last step on the binding. No I did not expect to get them all done but I did not want to run out of something to do!

At Junction we went to the South Llano  River State Park. There are several bird blinds with feeding stations. Loved the use of the old wood pieces for feeders

And of course the ever important running water


I walked to this one with Galen but then later on stayed in the pick up with our "girls" so I could have windows all the way down. It was warm but there was a breeze.


Yes it is possible to bind a quilt in a vehicle




                          I did finish my On The Rail quilt back at the motel later that day.



Galen finally got his Black Capped Vireo. One he has been trying to get since he started seriously taking pictures.


Since he got his bird we decided to cut our trip short by a day and head for home. But not without making one more stop at Creations in Kerrville and then the Natives of Texas Plants Nursery. We are trying to get all Native plants for our yard and they have a few different ones that our favorite local nursery does not have. (Green and Growing) Of course I am looking for plants and the next thing I know Galen has the camera out to take a picture of a butterfly. Turns out it was one he did not have before and also rarely recorded north of the Rio Grande Valley!

Mexican Silver Spot


Back home I got down to finishing the quilts. The weather was great for taking a break, sitting on the deck and sewing on binding.
Easy Breezy pattern from Fat Quarter Shop

Off Center (stashbuster pattern) Sparrow Quilt Company

Didn't my friend Kerry at TinCanQuilting do a great job?

Higgensville Fences (A very old strip club from Honey Bee in Austin, TX)

Another great quilting job by Kerry. She has been machine quilting all my quilts for the past year.

And with the Spring weather we have been working on our flower beds. As our trees have grown we have a lot more shade areas. New plants. This bed is right off the deck and the bird bath has a fountain-the birds love it!

And not to forget our girl Tiki-she turned 13 on the 30th. Happy Birthday Tiki
Tiki is not one for having her picture taken. She is our brown Standard.

Tilly says here I am, you can take my picture!


The girls did enjoy their bacon/cheddar cupcake from Tailwaggins in Georgetown

Before I close I was able to add to my quilt block count another 48 for the month of April. Some blocks for Quilted With Love Block challenge, 12 for a quilt top, 8 for a Kaffe Mystery and various others blocks. Was surprised when I counted them up!




No comments:

Post a Comment