Sunday, April 1, 2018

March 2018 Wrap Up

     First of all I hope that those who celebrate Easter and Passover had a blessed day .    For us it felt like the middle of the night going to 7 AM sunrise service. Still quite dark!

  March did go pretty fast. Of course being away the first week helped. We left Port Lavaca the morning of the 5th for Rockport, TX. It was a nice day for the drive. Before we crossed Copano Bay we stopped at Goose Island State Park near Lamar. They were pretty well up and running again after Hurricane Harvey. The campsites had just reopened that weekend. Drove down to the water and Galen got some pictures of the birds in the marshes. Then we went looking for the Whooping Cranes. We only saw a few this time but fun to see them again. Same field as in December. I had taken 2 quilts along to give to Jeanne at the quilt shop in Rockport. I knew she would be giving them to a place on the East side of the bay where we were. So we hunted it down. .Schoenstatt Shrine They are having to rebuild. We get back that way I would like to go onto the grounds. A lot of history.

                          Enough travelog, I should be talking about quilting too! While on the trip I did complete all the blocks for this quilt. You know the kit I talked about the beginning of March that was from 2005! Yes it is now a top. and at the quilters. (36 blocks)


I had made these blocks in February for my February block count but had not put the top together! Another top completed in March and at the quilters!


The Sparrow Quilt Company 2nd stashbuster pattern for March was called On the Rail (35 blocks)
 I decided since it was blue bonnet season in Texas and I had been collecting blue bonnet fabrics over the years it would be fun to use a little of those fabrics.  And took a picture of the quilt in the blue bonnets. It was a windy day so not the greatest picture!


I also can add 8 blocks for a mystery I am doing plus 9 more blocks for my Quilted in Love yahoo group (Nine Patch-straight furrow ) Others in the group who are also making the block have been sending them to me. This block challenge runs to the end of April. I will have fun putting all the blocks into quilts! My block total for blocks made is 88! I will take that.

I mentioned the blue bonnets are blooming. It is impossible this year for pictures to tell the story! They are something to see. Along the roads, in the medians everywhere you look they are in full blossom. And no year is complete without a few pictures of our girls with the flowers.







                                                  Linking up with Small Quilts Doll Quilts

2 comments:

  1. When I arrived in Texas in February, 1975, someone described bluebonnets to me. "The fields are carpeted with them," she said. Six weeks later I found out just what she meant! I lived in Brenham for 4-1/2 years and every spring the bluebonnets took my breath away. I sent a packet of seeds to my folks in Illinois. Dad planted them and managed to get ONE plant to grow and bloom. (Lupines, the big cousins of bluebonnets, do very well here.)....As for quilting: your green/yellow bar quilt caught my eye. The pops of red add a lot to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bluebonnets pictures! You got a lot accomplished this week - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete

  End of March 2024!   poodlegirls     cooking ,  Daily Happenings ,  Donation Quilting ,  Life at home ,  Nature ,  Our Girls ,  Quilting ,...